Can a nursing assistant licensed in New Hampshire receive educational reimbursement?

0 votes
asked in Training by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by anonymous
A licensed nursing assistant (LNA) may apply for financial reimbursement from the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Bureau of Elderly and Adult Services (BEAS). Reimbursement is given to eligible individuals for expenses associated with nursing assistant training and testing.

To qualify for financial reimbursement, a nurse aide should meet the following requirements: complete an approved LNA training program or successfully pass the competency test, complete the required training course and competency testing no more than twelve months prior to the date of hire, work for a licensed nursing facility, has paid for the training and testing from his or her own funds, and did not receive full financial assistance from another source to pay for the nurse aide training or competency testing. Individuals who are employed in the following facilities do not qualify for reimbursement: assisted living or residential care facilities, hospices, hospitals, home health agencies.