How do I transfer my CNA certification to Iowa?

0 votes
asked in License by Karyn

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Abby Langlois

The process of transferring a CNA certificate from another state is referred to as reciprocity. If you are transferring into Iowa, an Iowa DCW Registry application form needs to be obtained from either a facility or by downloading it from here. Upon request, the Iowa DCW Registry can send a form via US mail but this adds extra time to the process. You complete only the first section of the application, while section two is completed by the hiring entity, if there is one. If there is no hiring entity, leave section two blank.

If you have a CNA registry card or certificate from the other state, make a copy and return it with the form. If not, make sure it is noted on the form in what state you were originally certified as a CNA. The form can be returned by either mail or fax with that information identified on the form. Once received in the office, the information will be verified with the other state. Contact information for the registry is shown on the form. Reciprocity applications are generally processed within one or two working days of receipt.