How do I get a CNA license in CT if I have one in Rhode Island?

0 votes
asked in License by Darlene

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Jennifer

If you are currently active and in good standing on a CNA registry in another state, you can apply to have your name added to Connecticut’s Nurse Aide Registry by reciprocity. If you meet the requirements for reciprocity, you are not required to take the exam. The Connecticut Department of Public Health has contracted with Prometric, Inc. to develop and administer its nurse aide competency exam and to manage the CNA registry.

To be placed directly on the registry, complete the "Connecticut Nurse Aide Registry Application" and send it to Prometric. You will need to also submit a copy of your current certificate or a letter of verification from the current state with issue date, expiration date and verification of good standing and you need to pay a fee. You may apply on-line or download the application. If you have any additional questions, you can contact the Connecticut Nurse Aide Registry at the Department of Public Health at 860-509-7596 or by email at or Prometric at 866-499-7485 or by email at .

Related questions