How do I reinstate my CNA license in Wisconsin?

0 votes
asked in License by C. F.
My license expired in June of 2014. It has been less than two years since I worked as a CNA in a personal care facility. How do I reinstate my license so I can work in nursing homes again?

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Melanie B.

Your employment eligibility to work in federally certified nursing homes, hospices, intermediate care facilities for individuals with intellectual disabilities and home health agencies has expired.

You should still be eligible to work in hospitals, including critical access hospitals, and facilities that are not certified as Medicaid providers, including home health agencies, nursing homes, nursing homes that serve the developmentally disabled and hospices.

If you have worked as a nurse aide without a break of 24 months or more, you will need to submit a completed renewal form, signed by your employer, to report your employment history. You should have received a renewal notice approximately 60 days prior to the end of your 24-month eligibility period but you can also access it online.

When the renewal form (verifying that you worked for pay, at least eight (8) hours during the twenty-four (24) months before your registration expiration date, as a nurse aide under the supervision of an RN or LPN) is processed, the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry will be updated to reflect your eligibility to work in federally certified facilities. This may take up to two weeks.

To verify the processing status of your renewal form, you may check your status on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry website or call 877-329-8760.