Can my expired license be reinstated or do I qualify for reciprocity?

0 votes
asked in License by Rhea
I moved from Arkansas to California in 2010 and completed the reciprocity process. I want to return to Arkansas and work soon. I would like to know if my expired license can be reinstated. I have worked actively over the past six months in California.

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Jennifer

You have to contact the Arkansas Office of Long Term Care at 501.682.8430 to request the nurse aide reciprocity forms. The OLTC will review your information and let you know if you need to sit for the CNA certification exam or if challenging the exam is not necessary but as far as I know, only candidates with an inactive certification in another state are required to take and pass the certification exam. The application to challenge the Arkansas nursing assistant exam can be found here. Send this application only if you are required to do so after you have been approved for reciprocity.