Does Idaho allow the transfer of a nurse aide certification?

0 votes
asked in License by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by anonymous
The Idaho Nurse Aide Registry does allow a nurse aide certified in another state to obtain similar credentials in Idaho. The process is called reciprocity and when granted to a nurse aide, he or she obtains certification in Idaho. The initial certification is not lost, given up, or replaced in any way. The person becomes certified in both states. A nursing assistant who is active on her state's registry does not need to take any exams to obtain reciprocity in Idaho. Inactive individuals who wish to become certified in Idaho do have to pass both parts of the CNA exam.