Can I join a CNA training course as a J-2 visa holder?

0 votes
asked in Training by Anindita B.
I want to join a CNA course. As a J-2 visa holder and by origin an Indian can I do this? Am I allowed to work as a certified nursing assistant after I finish the training and pass the certification exam? I should be highly obliged if I ever get a chance to join the course and serve the people.

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by anonymous
J-2 visa holders are allowed to apply for permission to work in the United States. If you obtain a work permit from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services you may then apply for a social security card. With a work permit and a social security card you are allowed to get the CNA training and work in the United States.