How to transfer a certification from Oklahoma to New York?

0 votes
asked in License by Iesha
My boyfriend is a CNA certified in Oklahoma but plans to move to New York City to live with me. Will he be able to transfer his Oklahoma certification to work in a New York City hospital?

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Nicole Wickham
Your boyfriend has to apply for reciprocity in New York in order to be eligible for certification as a CNA in this state. He must have an active certification in Oklahoma and be listed in good standing on Oklahoma's nurse aide registry. To begin the process he needs to print and complete the nursing assistant reciprocity application. Along with the application he must submit a clear copy of his Oklahoma nurse aide certificate as well as the required fees. No examination is required.