Can I transfer my Wisconsin certification to Illinois?

0 votes
asked in License by Jane D.
I am actively certified in Wisconsin and I would like to work as a CNA in Illinois. What do I need to do to get my name on the state registry?

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Leslie B.

The state of Illinois does grant certification to out-of-state certified individuals who are active and on good standing on their state's nurse aide registry. The form you need to complete and submit is the Out-of-State Nurse Aide Application to become an Illinois Certified Nurse Aide (CNA). Follow the instructions in the form and include copies of any required documents. Your name will be placed on the Illinois state registry if you meet the certification requirements. Certification cards are not issued in Illinois but your status can be verified by employers through the online registry verification page.