How do I get reciprocity in NJ and CT?

0 votes
asked in License by Binta S Diouf
I live in New York and need to work in NJ and CT. My certificate is currently active. I need to know where I can get the forms and how much are the fees.

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Linda B.

You can apply to have your name added to Connecticut’s Nurse Aide Registry and you are not required to take the exam, if you are currently active and in good standing on a registry in another state. You will need to submit a copy of your current certificate or a letter of verification from the current state with issue date, expiration date and verification of good standing. To be placed directly on the registry, complete the Connecticut Nurse Aide Registry Application and send it to Prometric.

As far as I know, New Jersey does not reciprocate with the following states: Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Texas and Virginia.

An individual who is certified in another state or territory of the United States, may be entered on the New Jersey Registry through equivalency or reciprocity, provided that the following conditions are satisfied:

  1. The New Jersey Department of Health receives documentation from the state's or U.S. territory's registry that you have completed a training and competency evaluation program at least equal to that required in New Jersey.
  2. You have not been convicted of any crimes and have no documented findings of abuse, neglect, or misappropriation of resident property on any state’s registry.
  3. You comply with the requirements for a criminal background investigation in New Jersey, which includes the completion of a criminal background investigation application and having fingerprints taken by the live scan process.

To apply for reciprocity in NJ you need to contact PSI (New Jersey Nurse Aide & Personal Care Assistant Registry and Testing Service State Contract Vendor) customer care at 877-774-4243.