In California, how do I get the exam approval letter if my license expired?

0 votes
asked in Registry by Priscilla R.
My CNA license expired. I spoke with the Public Health department to sign up for the Competency Evaluation and they told me I need a letter stating I am able to take the exam. I would need to send that letter with my application for the CNA exam but I don’t know how to get it.

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Joann M.

If you are unable to meet renewal requirements and your CNA certificate has not been expired for more than two years, you may reactivate it by taking the competency evaluation. To apply for reactivation, you need to submit the renewal application (CDPH 283 C), making sure to check the “yes” box for question number 6 in section VI. If approved, a competency evaluation approval letter will be sent to you, along with information needed to schedule the evaluation.

You must successfully pass the evaluation within two years from your certificate’s expiration date. Once you have successfully passed the evaluation, maintained criminal record clearance, and the results from the testing vendor have been received, California Department of Public Health will issue a current CNA certificate.