How can I protect myself and my license?

0 votes
asked in Registry by anonymous
My ED has filed a false statement against my CNA license out of retaliation. Who can I contact to sort it out? I am in Texas.

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Adriana

The Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) Regulatory Services Division, Licensing and Credentialing Section and Enforcement Section, manages:

  • Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program (NATCEP);
  • Nurse aide certification, investigation, and sanctions;
  • Nurse Aide Registry (NAR);
  • Nursing facility administrator (NFA) licensing, investigation, and sanctions;
  • Medication aide (MA) permitting, investigation, and sanctions; and
  • Employment Misconduct Registry (EMR) of unlicensed staff of DADS-regulated facilities and agencies found to have committed acts of abuse, neglect, exploitation, misappropriation, or misconduct.

The Licensing and Credentialing Section’s Nursing Facility Administrators (NFA) Licensing Branch:

  • Licenses NFAs, certifies nurse aides, and permits medication aides;
  • Manages the nurse aide training and competency evaluation programs (NATCEP); and
  • Maintains the NAR and medication aide database.

The Professional Credentialing Enforcement Unit of the Enforcement Section:

  • Conducts investigations of NFA complaints and referrals and sanctions violation of NFA requirements;
  • Makes findings of abuse, neglect, or misappropriation against nurse aides and enters on the NAR, and findings of misconduct to the MA database; and
  • Manages the EMR program.

In Texas, nurse aide enforcement activities are conducted by the Professional Credentialing Enforcement unit. You may contact them by phone at 512-438-5495 or by email at . Enforcement activities include coordinating due process related to referrals of misconduct by a nurse aide that occur in nursing facilities and entering findings of abuse, neglect and misappropriation of resident property, as appropriate.