How can I have my Louisiana license switched to the state of Texas?

0 votes
asked in License by Heather C.
Are there some forms I can fill out or do I have to take a CNA class and the test again?

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Regina M.

If you are currently on the Louisiana nurse aide registry and wish to get certification in Texas, then you need to apply for reciprocity. The reciprocity form is available here: Request for Entry on the Texas Nurse Aide Registry through Reciprocity. Print this application and read it carefully. You need to follow all the instructions and submit the required paperwork such as copies of certain documents to the departments indicated in the application. This application must be completed by you as well as by the Louisiana Nurse Aide Registry. A criminal history check from the Texas Department of Public Safety is mandatory for reciprocity candidates. The CNA reciprocity application contains instructions on how to obtain the history check. Once the Texas DADS receives all the required documents, the department will process your application and decide if you are eligible to receive certification in Texas.