How do I get recertified in Virginia if my Pennsylvania CNA certification lapsed?

0 votes
asked in License by D. Scott

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Jennifer

As far as I know, if you are moving to Virginia and you want to apply for reciprocity there, you will need to complete an endorsement application. This is now an online application which you can access and complete from the Board of Nursing’s website or you can get an application mailed to you by contacting the Board office at 804-367-4639. As far as I know, you can’t apply for endorsement if you are not listed as active and in good standing on the PA registry. From your question, I assume you were certified in Virginia at some point. If that is the case, you may apply for reinstatement of your lapsed Virginia CNA certification by following the steps outlined in the answer to this related question.