How do I get my license in Illinois if I am certified in another state?

0 votes
asked in License by Barbara M.
I have my CNA certification in South Dakota and just recently moved to Illinois. I need reciprocity from SD to IL and I was wondering how I go about doing this.

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Abby B.

An individual who has been deemed competent on another state’s nurse aide registry is eligible to obtain CNA certification in Illinois. Those interested in working as Illinois nurse aides must have documentation of active registration from another state indicating they met the federal training and certification requirements. Registry listings which indicate any disqualifying convictions, findings of abuse, neglect or misappropriations of property will prevent you from obtaining nurse aide certification in Illinois. To get the process started you need to complete and submit the out-of-state nurse aide application to become an Illinois Certified Nurse Aide.