How do I go about getting my CNA license in Florida?

0 votes
asked in License by Betsy R.
I have my CNA certification in Arizona, and would like to move to Florida. Can it be just added on to my current certification in Arizona?

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by anonymous

To work as a nurse aide in Florida, you need to request certification by reciprocity based on your active status on the Arizona Nurse Aide Registry. You are eligible to apply for reciprocity in Florida as long as your Arizona nursing assistant certificate is active and you are listed in good standing on your state's registry. You do not need to challenge the Florida CNA exam but you must complete and submit the reciprocity application package as well as a fingerprinting screening. Once your application and your background check are reviewed, the Florida Board of Nursing will decide if you are eligible for reciprocity. If yes, then your name will be added to the Florida registry and you will receive a CNA certificate. The reciprocity application and instructions can be found here.