How do I transfer my certification to Montana?

0 votes
asked in License by Rita Z.
I am currently certified as a CNA in Florida, and would like to transfer to Montana.

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Amanda

To transfer your nursing assistant certification from Florida to Montana you need to complete an endorsement application and send it to the Montana nurse aide registry. Follow all the instructions in the application, and include a clear copy of your current Florida CNA certificate. The Montana nurse aide registry reviews your endorsement application, and upon approval your name will be listed on the registry.

You may work in Montana as a nursing assistant for 30 days while you are applying for Interstate Endorsement. It is the responsibility of your employer to ensure you are current and in good standing in another state.

A Montana nursing assistant certificate was mailed to you in the past but now if it is determined you can be certified in Montana, your name will be placed on the Nurse Aide Registry and you must print it yourself.

The endorsement application can be accessed here: Nurse Aide Interstate Endorsement Registry Application. You may want to call the Montana Nurse Aide Registry at 406-444-4980 to get answers to questions you may have about filling out the form.