How can I transfer my out-of-state license to PA?

+1 vote
asked in License by Kristen R.

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Jill C.

If you are an out-of-state nurse aide, listed as active and in good standing on your state's CNA registry, you may request certification by reciprocity in Pennsylvania. To enroll onto the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Nurse Aide Registry complete and submit the NNAAP Registration Application for Enrollment by Reciprocity form available here. You are responsible for Section I of this application.

The completed reciprocity application needs to be mailed to your current state's nurse aide registry so that your CNA status can be officially verified. The state registry where you are currently enrolled will forward the application to the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Nurse Aide Registry once Section II of the form is completed. Make sure to contact the registry in your state and ask if there are any fees associated with the certification verification process. If fees must be paid, make sure to send the appropriate check or money order along with the application.

You may contact the PA CNA registry at 800-852-0518 for additional guidance if you are a nurse aide currently listed on another state’s nurse aide registry as active and in good standing according to federal nursing home nurse aide statutes, and you are seeking enrollment on the Pennsylvania Nurse Aide Registry through reciprocity. If you are lapsed on another state registry, you have to be updated on your original state registry to be eligible for reciprocity.

Nursing home administrations may employ a non-registered individual as a nurse aide for up to 120 days while the individual works to achieve registration in Pennsylvania either through the nurse aide training and testing program, or by way of reciprocity from another state.