Can I transfer my expired license from Pennsylvania to Ohio?

0 votes
asked in License by Karen E.
I was a CNA in PA and my certificate expired. I now live in Ohio and wanted to know if I have to start all over or if I can just take the CNA exam. I have just graduated from college in Ohio where I received a Medical Assistant diploma.

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Martha Whitaker
Because your nurse aide certification has expired, your status is no longer active on the Pennsylvania CNA registry. This makes you ineligible for transferring your credentials to Ohio. To work as a certified nurse aide in Ohio, you need to complete a nursing assistant training program and pass the competency exam in this state. To see if any coursework completed in the medical assistant program may count towards the nurse aide training you should call and speak with a representative from the Ohio Nurse Aide Registry at (800) 582-5908 (in-state) or (614) 752-9500 (out-of-state).