Who do I contact to transfer my CNA license to New Mexico?

0 votes
asked in License by anonymous
I am trying to get my CNA license transferred from Colorado to New Mexico. I was wondering who I call to do that and get it taken care of.

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Jennifer Adams

Out-of-state nurse aides who have current certification in another state may apply to the New Mexico DOH, Division of Health Improvement, Health Facility Licensing and Certification Bureau (HFLC) for reciprocity to New Mexico. If approved, you may be granted a New Mexico CNA certificate without further training or testing.

The following documents are required for reciprocity (transfer) of a CNA license in order to work in New Mexico:

  • Current CNA Certification
  • Social Security Card
  • Driver License or Photo ID
  • Official Mailing Address
  • Contact Phone Number(s)

Copies may be sent to the New Mexico Nurse Aide Registry using their mailing address and fax numbers: 505-476-9048 or 505-476-9026.

Mailing Address
ATTN: Nurse Aide Registry
PO Box 26110
Santa Fe, NM 87505

Physical Location
2040 S. Pacheco, 2nd Floor, Room 237
Santa Fe, NM 87505

For additional information and guidance please contact the New Mexico Nurse Aide Registry by phone at 505-476-9040.