How do I notify the NC CNA Registry that my name and address have changed?

0 votes
asked in Registry by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Mariah

The North Carolina Nurse Aide I Registry must be kept informed of your current address and name and there is no charge for changing your name or address on the registry. Failure to inform the registry of an address or name change may jeopardize your listing status and delay or prevent delivery of your renewal notice. If you are listed on the North Carolina Medication Aide Registry or Geriatric Aide Registry, your changes will also appear there.

You may notify the registry of a name or address change by using the name and address change reporting form. Alternately, you may call the Nurse Aide I Registry at 919-855-3969 to change your mailing address on the registry. For a mailing address change, include or provide the following:

  1. your social security number (SSN),
  2. your name,
  3. your new mailing address.

If your name changes at any time after you are placed on the registry, you must send written notification of this change to the registry. If you changed your name, you must provide official documentation along with your notification. Written documentation must include:

  1. a copy of your signed social security card with your new name on it, and
  2. a copy of a court-issued marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other legal document that demonstrates the name change.

Your name change notification must also include your previous name, current name, mailing address, phone number, and the last four digits of your Social Security number. You are asked to voluntarily provide your SSN. This number is for record keeping and registry identification purposes only. Your SSN will remain confidential and will not be disclosed to the public. All documents provided to the registry in support of your name change must be copies of official and legal documents and any documents provided may be subject to verification with the issuing source.