Can I challenge the state test without taking the class?

0 votes
asked in License by anonymous
I am certified in North Carolina and my license expired.

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Velma Lewis
As far as I know, you have to complete a Nurse Aide I refresher course at a North Carolina state-approved school. You must pass both parts of the exam within 2 years from the completion date of a refresher course or within 3 attempts, whichever comes first, in order to be placed on the North Carolina Nurse Aide I Registry. Failure to do so will require training at a North Carolina state-approved training program and retesting of both portions of the examination. If you have not completed testing or passed both parts of the examination within 2 years of completion of training and you change your eligibility route, you must take both portions of the examination. You should call the NC Health Care Personnel Education and Credentialing at 919-855-3969 for additional guidance.

Related questions