How do I transfer my license from New Jersey to Virginia?

0 votes
asked in License by Angela
I live in New Jersey right now and was thinking about making a move to Virginia. What would it take to transfer my certification?

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Deborah L.

If you wish to obtain certification as a nursing assistant in Virginia then you need to apply for certification by endorsement in this new state. Certification by endorsement and placement on the Virginia CNA registry is granted if you meet the following requirements: you are currently registered as a CNA in New Jersey and have no findings of abuse, neglect, or misappropriation and you complete and submit the endorsement application and other necessary documents to the nurse aide credentialing agency in Virginia. Instructions as well as the application for CNA certification by endorsement can be found online. The state of Virginia does not require a fee for CNAs applying for endorsement.