Where do I find the reciprocity form for New York?

0 votes
asked in Registry by Victoria A.
I need a form to transfer my CNA license from New Jersey to New York. I have called NY and they said I should fill a form and send it to them but I can't find it.

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Caroline O.

If you are a nurse aide listed in another state's registry and would like to become certified in New York you must:

  • Complete and submit the New York Nurse Aide Application.
  • Provide a copy of your current out-of-state nurse aide certificate(s). If the name on your nurse aide certificate is different from your current name, submit proof of name change such as a marriage license.
  • Pay the appropriate fees.

If the state in which you are currently certified does not provide expiration dates on its registry, you must provide proof of employment. This must be at least on facility letterhead from your employer. It must indicate that you have worked seven hours for pay in the past 24 months. The letter must state that you have performed nurse aide duties and must be signed by your supervisor.

The New York State Department of Health has contracted with Prometric to develop and administer the New York State Nursing Home Nurse Aide Competency Examination and manage the NYS Nursing Home Nurse Aide Registry. For additional information or help with the reciprocity process you may call them at 800-805-9128 and at 800-321-6443.