How do I renew my CNA license and change my address in West Virginia?

0 votes
asked in Registry by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Vanessa

In West Virginia, completion of the re-registration or renewal application is the responsibility of the applicant and not the facility or employer. The following is required:

  1. Re-registration of the nurse aide status on the registry is required every two (2) years.
  2. The minimum amount of paid employment as a nurse aide is eight (8) hours within the previous two year period.

The following policy will be adhered to for nurse aide re-registration:

  1. At least 60 days before the nurse aide’s registration expiration date, the OHFLAC-NAP will send either an electronic notice or a re-registration application with instructions to the nurse aide through the U.S. mail to his or her last known address.
  2. The nurse aide must complete the re-registration application (hard copy or online) and return the application prior to the expiration date.
  3. For employers other than nursing homes such as staffing agencies or in-home care, the nurse aide must complete the renewal application and have the non-facility based employer verify the nurse aide worked at least eight hours performing paid nurse aide duties within the two years since the last renewal.
  4. When all requirements are met, the OHFLAC-NAP will send a letter to the nurse aide informing him or her of renewal for another two years.

Online re-registration can only be completed if you are not submitting any private duty information on your application.

For the WV Nurse Aide Registry to maintain current information, nurse aides must provide updated information to the Registry whenever a name or address change occurs. A nurse aide can report a change to the OHFLAC-NAP in writing to explain what changes need to be made. Below is contact information for the WV Nurse Aide/AMAP Programs:

Office of Health Facility Licensure & Certification
408 Leon Sullivan Way
Charleston, WV 25301
(304) 558-0050 (phone)
(304) 558-1442 (fax)

Also, address changes may be reported either by indicating the change on the renewal application, email, fax or by telephoning the OHFLAC-NAP.