How do I transfer my certification from Illinois to Virginia?

0 votes
asked in License by Tarita T.
I am currently a CNA in Illinois but I was wondering what I would have to do to get my CNA license in Virginia as well?

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by Ashley Truitt

If you wish to obtain certification as a nursing assistant in Virginia then you need to apply for certification by endorsement in this new state. Certification by endorsement and placement on the Virginia CNA registry is granted if the following requirements are met: you are currently registered as a CNA in Illinois with no findings of abuse, neglect, or misappropriation and you complete and submit the endorsement application and other necessary verification forms to the nursing assistant credentialing agency in Illinois. Instructions as well as the application for CNA certification by endorsement can be found here.